June 2013 – March 2016
Selected and managed product for multiple aspects of the apparel business at Dillard’s Department Stores; including ladies swimwear, active-wear, golf apparel, denim and plus sizes.
– Forecasted monthly open to buy at department and store level to determine stock needs for 43 stores and up to five apparel departments.
– Trained and supervised assistant buyers.
– Worked closely with vendors on a daily basis to evaluate the current business and make changes to current orders.
– Negotiated discounts from vendors where appropriate to help improve margin.
– Reported to management promptly each day with business recaps, orders for approval and special projects.
– Tracked style and classification selling weekly.
– Analyzed current and past sales trends to best project future trends using Dillard’s internal reporting system.
– Communicated with stores on a weekly basis to discuss business, events and product needs.
– Visited stores on a monthly basis to get a first-hand look at product on floor and to get feedback from associates and store management.
– Created merchandising and product knowledge guides for stores to help give a better understanding of the merchandise.
October 2012 – June 2013
– Accurately ran weekly reports to analyze business trends.
– Calculated monthly open to buy by department and by store under the direction of the area buyer.
– Managed replenishment stock to ensure all stores had appropriate amount of basic goods.
– Assisted with the planning of upcoming buys by studying sales to stock by class and by brand.
– Prepared for vendor visits by running and analyzing vendor sales data.
– Helped buyers with various tasks as needed.
January 2012 – September 2012
– Managed the brand’s online presence across various social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, YouTube and LinkedIn.
– Established an editorial calendar best tailored for the brand’s audience.
– Created and edited videos for the brand’s YouTube channel.
– Wrote creative online content for the brand’s bridal blog and sister websites.
– Reached out to quality wedding vendors across the nation.
– Expertly crafted each vendor’s online deal and input data to website accurately and correctly.
– Maintained each vendor’s online feature with care to ensure all features were current.
Arizona Board of Regents | 2007
Arizona State University | Spring 2009